Join us Sundays at 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM for a live online worship experience!
The Steps to Cultural Transformation
Pastor Ross Owens - March 17/18
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 – 4“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
1. The foundation of all godly obedience is a biblical understanding of who God is - not who we want Him to be.
2. We interpret God through the lens of culture, instead of interpreting culture through the lens of God.
3. The quest for happiness is usually a craving for holiness.
4. Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.
5. A biblical understanding of God helps us pursue the God who is, instead of the God we want. And, our culture defines God by their desires, but God declares Himself by His revelation.
6. We believe in God from what we’ve read, but we grow to love God from our relationship with Him.
7. “Don’t worry that people never listen to you, worry that they are always watching you.” [Robert Fulghum]
8. Love for God and man has its greatest expression in community.
9. It’s the responsibility of all believers to share the commandments of the Lord and to teach the next generation.
10. Tolerance of an ever-changing non-biblical culture will inevitably lead to a culture of non-biblical churches.