It's your one and only life. Invest it well.
Where do you feel led to make a difference?
ACAC empowers men and women to use their gifts and talents to make Kingdom impact.
If you feel a calling on your life to join us, apply today.
Audio/Video Technician Intern
Position Status: Unpaid Internship
Supervisor: Director of Worship Technology
Position Schedule: Dependent on the intern’s availability and ACAC’s needs
Position Summary: The Audio/Video Technician intern will work with ACAC’s audio/video team to ensure that high-quality media/audiovisual performance occurs during worship services and/or during special events at various venues.
- Train with Director of Worship Technology to be continually improving in general knowledge of campus AV systems.
- Assist the Audio Engineer to provide audio support for special events including, but not limited to, weddings, funerals, special services, concerts, and others as assigned by the Director of Worship Technology.
- Assist the Director of Worship Technology in setting up equipment for special events as requested.
- Assist the Audio Engineer to provide audio support for weekend services in the sanctuary and other venues.
- Assist the Video Director to provide video support for weekend services when not serving with the Audio Engineer.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Able to multi-task on-going projects, deal with conflict, and maintain focus
- Ability to work under pressure to complete projects according to deadlines by taking direction from the Audio/Video Directors
- Have people skills and build relationships
- Have a “team” mentality
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority
- Some experience with live production technology
- Some education in a field related to live production, preferably audio or video production
- Experience in mixing audio in a live production environment.
- Skill in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, Premier).
- Skill in Microsoft Office suite
- Skill in Mac programs, especially Final Cut Pro 7 and 10.
- Skill in shooting and editing photography and video.
- Have knowledge of a wide range of graphic techniques and concepts.
- Experience using one or more DAWs (digital audio workstations)
- Be able to lift, bend, use a step ladder.
- The ability to lift up to 30 lbs. up to shoulder height is required for this position.
- The position functions in a normal office environment that requires the ability to successfully interface with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, fax, telephones, etc.
- Talking (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word) and hearing (perceiving the nature of sounds) are required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires the ability to read small or fine print on equipment labels in low-light conditions.
- This position requires the ability to work with AV equipment in a low-light environment.
- This position is often very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the week. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 30 pounds occasionally.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected].