Going with the Power
Pastor Rock Dillaman
Then he answered and said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel saying, 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord of hosts.’” Zechariah 4:6
“but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8
1. Spiritual power flows through those who can discern where the Spirit is leading, wait for the Spirit’s timing, and confidently follow His lead.
2. A lesson offered isn’t automatically a lesson learned! Even when the Teacher is God Himself!
3. Scripture says the fruit of our activities reveals the root of those activities.
4. “If the Holy Spirit was withdrawn from the church today, 95 percent of what we do would go on and no one would know the difference. If the Holy Spirit had been withdrawn from the New Testament church, 95 percent of what they did would stop, and everybody would know the difference.” A.W. Tozer.
5. When we substitute human might for the Spirit we accept as normal a state of Christian living that is anything but normal.
6. A normal Christian life and ministry is one impossible apart from the Spirit.
7. Understanding the Spirit-empowered life requires a model, and the best model is Jesus.
8. Jesus knew where the power was going, and He went with it!
9. Using the words God uses does not guarantee we are thinking the things God is thinking!
10. Power is the ability to accomplish God’s purposes.
11. God wants to get the world out of us – that’s holiness - and He wants to get us into the world – that’s mission.
12. To be holy is simply to be whole - lacking nothing.
13. The greatest barrier to Spirit power is self-reliance and self-will!
14. God’s commands to surrender are more offers than demands.
15. The only things God will bless and empower are those things that have their beginning in Him.
Take notes along with the sermon! Once you are done, click "Email Notes" to receive a saved copy of your notes.