It's your one and only life. Invest it well.
Where do you feel led to make a difference?
ACAC empowers men and women to use their gifts and talents to make Kingdom impact.
If you feel a calling on your life to join us, apply today.
Summer Day Camp Lead Counselor (seasonal)
Position Status: Nonexempt, hourly, full-time seasonal
Supervisor: Outreach Director
Position Schedule:40 hours/week ; Monday – Friday during 6 week camp and 1 week training; 7a – 3p
Position Summary:This position is for men and women who are devoted to God, have experience with kids, possess a desire to live a Godly life, and have a passion to teach kids about Jesus. During your employment, your will teach kids about our Creator and explore His magnificent creation.
- Teach or assist in teaching one of 1st through 6th grade classes
- Develop relationships with the students in your class
- Create a family-like atmosphere with staff and children
- Handle minor discipline problems and direct major discipline problems to the assistant directors
- Use preparation time effectively
- Have all supplies, copies, etc. in the room before the children arrive
- Participate and be highly involved at recreation, worship, fieldtrips, swimming and any other camp activities
- Pray for and encourage your assistant counselor, children, and other staff
- Train your assistant teacher in being a lead teacher
- Partner with your team teachers to effectively teach your kids
- Communicate regularly with assistant directors and head director about staff communication issues and student discipline issues
- Leave the classroom, kitchen, and bathrooms better than how you found it
- Maintain a safe, loving, and positive atmosphere in your classroom
- Show Christ in all you do
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Energy - Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Meeting Participation - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to help reach a meeting’s goals while considering the needs and potential contributions of others.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must be available for entirety of training week and 6 weeks summer day camp- with the exception of prior approved absences or emergency absences
- Must have a strong relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Must possess a high level of initiative; have an interest and heart for urban ministry, and the desire to serve alongside an assistant counselor to minister to children
- Possess devotion for the Lord and for helping children grow spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally
- Know and support the CM Vision and Mission statement
- Ability to be physically active on a daily basis with the students
- Walk long distances and for long periods of time for field trips
- Ability to participate in all water-based activities
To view information or apply, visit our camp staff website here: https://www.acac.net/camp-staff.
You may also contact [email protected] to discuss the position or for additional information.