It's your one and only life. Invest it well.
Where do you feel led to make a difference?
ACAC empowers men and women to use their gifts and talents to make Kingdom impact.
If you feel a calling on your life to join us, apply today.
Learning Hub Classroom Monitor
Position Status: Nonexempt, hourly, seasonal full time (through Dec 30, 2020)
Supervisor: Children's Ministries Outreach Director
Position Schedule: 37 hours/wk; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8.5 hours with some professional development via video. Working with school schedule until Dec 30 and 1 week training
Summary: This position is for people who wish to serve their community by supporting local students in the remote learning process throughout their school day. Classroom monitors will build relationships, coach and guide students throughout the day, assist them in completing their school work, build a relationship with the students and their parents, work with each students’ school teacher electronically as needed, and help manage the classroom successfully.
- Arrive to work on time; punctually attend and actively participate in all required activities, meetings, and trainings.
- Monitor one class of students, grades Kindergarten through 12th grade, for 8 hours a day while they complete their online learning.
- Develop relationships with the students in your class.
- Create a family-like atmosphere with staff and children.
- Handle minor discipline problems and direct major discipline problems to the program directors.
- Use preparation time effectively.
- Have all supplies, copies, etc. in the room before the children arrive.
- Communicate regularly with leadership team about staff communication issues and student discipline issues.
- Utilize current school-designated software and programs. Help problem solve minor technical issues.
- Leave the classroom, kitchen, and bathrooms cleaned to COVID standards.
- Maintain a safe, loving, and positive atmosphere in your classroom.
- Be willing to participate in religious activities, such as prayer meetings, devotionals, and worship services.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Follow and enforce all assigned COVID-related safety policies and procedures. This may include wiping down high touch areas and maintaining certain sanitation standards.
- Project a professional work image, both in dress and manner.
- Demonstrate familiarity with employment policies, performance standards, and commitment to ACAC’s mission and values in the performance of daily duties.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Loyalty - Effectively meeting student needs; building productive student relationships
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Energy - Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Complete all required clearances to work with children.
- Must possess a high level of initiative; have an interest and heart for urban ministry, and the desire to serve alongside a team
- Be willing to support ACAC’s mission, vision and values.
- A history of learning and adapting to new software platforms.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate new websites/programs well.
- The ability to be on your feet for periods of 4 hours a day or more
- The ability to lift up to 15 lbs is required in this position.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- The position functions in a normal office environment that requires the ability to successfully interface with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Sitting, standing, walking, and occasionally climbing stairs are typical activities in this role.
To apply for this position, please do so here: https://form.jotform.com/ACACforms/LearningHubEmployeeApplication
For questions, please contact [email protected].