It's your one and only life. Invest it well.
Where do you feel led to make a difference?
ACAC empowers men and women to use their gifts and talents to make Kingdom impact.
If you feel a calling on your life to join us, apply today.
Creative Arts Director
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Position Schedule: Standard work days are either Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday, with flex time. Sunday and/or Saturday services must be attended.
Position Summary: The Creative Arts Director is responsible for leading the creative elements of ACAC’s ministries and is a lead person in the production side of all weekend worship services and events in coordination with the pastoral leadership team. This position also manages congregational and public relations communications. Communications include, but are not limited to print, copy, website, social media, and online communications. Creative elements include videos, drama, special service elements, and various production pieces. This position leads the Creative Arts department.
- Develop and implement the vision, strategies and goals of ACAC’s Creative Arts department as they relate to the mission, vision, core values and goals of the church.
- Develop and oversee creative strategies that ensure excellence, consistency and church-wide standards for design as it relates to ACAC’s overall purpose, message, branding, and philosophy of ministry.
- Oversee the design and development of all internal and external promotional mediums, public relations, and marketing as well as all exterior and interior signage and displays in coordination with the various ministry leaders and support staff of ACAC.
- Oversee the weekend planning process through Planning Center.
- Oversee the direction and development of volunteers.
- Oversee the regular creation of and content for:
- Weekend service bulletins
- Church website and various ministry websites
- Social Media outlets
- All other central correspondence from church to families and community at large.
- Assist in the planning/preparation process of weekend message series and church-wide event graphics for use during church wide services including sermon power point, bulletin, worship stage environment and other closely linked activities.
- Collect, organize and/or archive various communication resources such as congregational photos, testimonies, stories and events for future reference
- Lead and guide the communication strategy for all departments and ministries.
- Oversee and direct the creative processes for weekend services and special events according to the overall purpose, message, and philosophy of ACAC including:
- Graphic design
- Creative & Seasonal Elements
- Oversee the recruiting, training and development process for volunteers and their teams in areas including:
- Graphic design
Worship Service Programming:
- Partner with the pastoral leadership team to provide programming direction and creative input for ACAC’s main worship venues. This includes directing the details outside of the event and assuring the completion of details inside the event.
- Take the “producer’s” role in weekly weekend worship services and events under the direction of the Assistant Lead Pastor. Including, but not limited to, hosting, announcements, graphics, and other media related elements.
- Partner with the pastoral leadership team in developing the annual Creative Arts budget and assume responsibility for adhering to financial and budget guidelines of ACAC.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Creative Arts team while maintaining vision, strategies, and goals of ACAC.
- Attend both executive and support staff meetings to facilitate internal communications and provide supporting activities.
- Provide support and information necessary for key decisions and scheduling needs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Engage in professional development opportunities by attending workshops, seminars, and other churches at least once per year and remain current in the trends and tools that effect the Creative Arts department.
- Creativity - develops new and unique ideas
- Managing Change - the ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change
- Results Orientation - the ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Developing Others - the ability to delegate responsibility and to work with others and coach them to develop their capabilities
- Diversity - interacts with all kinds and classes of people equitably
- Integrity and Trust - can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences
- Planning - accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals
- Strategic Thinking - thinking conceptually, imaginatively, systematically, and opportunistically with regard to the attainment of individual, departmental, and organizational success in the future.
- Process Management - able to figure out the process necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities
- Written Communications - is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
- Experience in a ministry or church environment.
- Strong eye for knowing how to use and develop multiple media options to reach target audiences.
- Strong computer skills in the areas of design / layout / text for all multi media. Photoshop experience preferred. Familiarity with Microsoft and Mac environments helpful.
- Strong writing, artistic, listening, desktop publishing, and photography skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in the field of communications, marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of managing direct reports.
- The ability to successfully complete all required background checks
- Multiple or advanced degree(s)
- Must indicate agreement with the Christian and Missionary Alliance (CMA) Statement of Faith during the interview process and must sign the Christian and Missionary Alliance (CMA) Statement of Faith within one week of the start date.
- Must become a regularly participating member of ACAC within nine months of their start date.
- The position functions in a normal office environment that requires the ability to successfully interface with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, fax, telephones, etc.
- Sitting, standing, walking, and occasionally climbing stairs are typical activities in this role.
- Talking (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word) and hearing (perceiving the nature of sounds) are required.
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].