94% of adult Christians made their decision to follow Jesus under the age of 18. This is why we believe it is so important to teach children early in life so they can grow strong in relationship with Him.
In Children’s Ministries we consider our volunteers family. We have a 92% retention rate of our weekend volunteers because they have found a home and purpose serving in so many different capacities. No matter what your gifts are we have a place for you. We would love to have you join our team.
Listed below are the current opportunities. For more information please contact Tracy Grondziowski at 412-586-3681 ext 313 or Email Tracy She would love to talk with you about your best place of service.
- One to One Angel: Help a child with special needs by providing one-2-one attention in the classroom during programming. We Currently have 4 children waiting for angels during our Kids Club Program on Wednesday evenings from 7:00pm to 8:30 pm.
- Church in the Park Prayer Warrior: During our Tuesday and Thursday evening Church in the Park programming we have a team of warriors pray for the kids and volunteers. We assign a 10 minute block of time to the warrior along with specific prayer requests and they can pray from home. We know this is a spiritual battle and we have seen significant hearts changed and growth since we began. We currently need Thursday night from 6pm to 7pm warriors.
Outreach Ministries Volunteer Opportunities
- Church in the Park: (Tuesdays at Northview Heights) (Thursdays at East Commons)
Men and women who love Jesus are needed for this exciting and fulfilling outreach program! Church in the Park shares the love of Jesus with dozens of children in their local neighborhood through worship, Bible lessons, snacks, and games. Running now through the beginning of June (Northview Heights ends June 12, East Commons ends June 14). A 13 week fall session will begin again August 14 in Northview Heights, and August 16 in East Commons. For more information, contact Sean Meyercheck.
- Summer Day Camp: June 18 – July 27
Volunteer tutors are needed from 9:00 – 11:30 am daily to help children with academics. During these 6 weeks, we provide a safe environment for over 200 children to progress academically, play creatively, and be enthusiastic about a relationship with Jesus Christ. For more information, contact Sean Meyercheck.
- Kid’s Club: September – May
We minister to over 300 children during this mid-week outreach program where the Gospel is shared, relationships are built, service projects are done, projects and crafts are made, and skills are taught to the children of the North Side. Volunteer recruiting begins July 15th. For more information, contact Sean Meyercheck.
Below is the link to our volunteer training on child abuse.
Please watch it as part of your training for working with us as a CM volunteer.