Summer Day Camp at ACAC is A SAFE PLACE FOR KIDS to grow academically and spiritually. It's our mission to be Jesus' hands and feet to the children God has placed in our lives.
Join us this summer as we teach the kids that Jesus is the only thing we need.
We are looking for young men and women who are:
- Devoted to God
- Energetic and ready to work hard in service to Jesus and to our kids
- Passionate about urban ministry
- Have experience working with kids
- Live a Godly life
- Have a passion to teach kids about Jesus
Most of the children in our camp are from the inner city and somehave never even heard about a personal relationship with Jesus. Don't you want to be the one to tell them?
Every child needs a mentor. We have opportunities this summer for you to be a 6 week mentor and teacher to the next generation on the Northside of Pittsburgh. The positions are paid and housing is available if you are coming in from out of town.
Each of our 1st through 6th grade classes has 10 kids and 2 teachers. You will have the same kids all 6 weeks of camp. This creates a family-like atmosphere, not not only with our staff, but also with our children. Won’t you come and join us in what God is doing here on the Northside?
- Prepare and teach Bible lessons
- Prepare and teach academic lessons
- Lead gym activities
- Supervise during meals, field trips, and pool time
- Discipleship and mentoring
- Active participation in worship
- Attendance and participation in staff meetings and events