Join us Sundays at 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM for a live online worship experience!
ACAC's live stream is currently operational.
The Hidden Danger of Success
Dr. Ron Morrison - June 23/24
2 Chronicles 26
1. Beware of any family patterns or history that may have put you into a vulnerable position. What you observe and experience affects you more deeply than you realize. (2 Chronicles 25)
2. Most of us have a strong desire to be successful, yet we often define success in ways that do not align with Scripture. If we seek the Lord first, we learn that faithfulness is better than success. (Matthew 6:33)
3. Guard your heart whenever you experience any level of success. Great accomplishments should be matched by great humility because it was actually the Lord’s work! (2 Chronicles 26:1-5; John 15:5)
4. Pride is an ever-present threat to our spiritual health. It is often misdiagnosed or ignored until it’s nearly terminal. (2 Chronicles 26:6-15; 2 Corinthians 12:7-10)
5. Beware of violating boundaries the Lord has fixed. He has safeguards and restrictions in place to remind us that He is in charge. (2 Chronicles 26:16-18)
6.God will always fight against anyone that is proud and arrogant. If that describes you, then you are destined to lose that battle. (James 4:6)
7. The danger of prideful transgression is that a person realizes they are sinning against the Lord, but at that moment they do not care about the consequences.
8. Your response to correction will affect your consequences. You cannot control them, but you can lessen them to some degree. (2 Chronicles 26:19-23)
9. If you get angry with people that care about you enough to confront or correct you, then consider yourself a victim of pride and repent while you can.
10. Remember that one act of sin can ruin a lifetime of “success.” The finish line is getting closer every day. Keep running your race and keep obeying! (Galatians 5:7)