Join us Sundays at 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM for a live online worship experience!
ACAC's live stream is currently operational.
The Furnace of Decision
Pastor Rock Dillaman - February 23/24
Daniel 3:24-27 — Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astounded and stood up in haste; he said to his high officials, “Was it not three men we cast bound into the midst of the fire?” They replied to the king, “Certainly, O king.” He said, “Look! I see four men loosed and walking about in the midst of the fire without harm, and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods!” Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the door of the furnace of blazing fire; he responded and said, “Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, come out, you servants of the Most High God, and come here!” Then Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego came out of the midst of the fire. The satraps, the prefects, the governors and the king’s high officials gathered around and saw in regard to these men that the fire had no effect on the bodies of these men nor was the hair of their head singed, nor were their trousers damaged, nor had the smell of fire even come upon them.
1. Confident faith can make confident unbelief rethink its confidence!
2. When unbelief feels threatened it often seeks to reassure itself.
3. Those who seek to deny God often find their denials set them up for new demonstrations of His power.
4. The world cannot destroy the identity of God’s people.
5. The God who can deliver His people from the fire sometimes chooses to deliver them in the fire.
6. The most powerful testimonies are forged in the furnace!
7. When God’s people are under attack, the decision to remain faithful is often harder than the consequences of remaining faithful!
8. Faith is strengthened more by our decisions than by the consequences of those decisions.
9. God is the great deliverer, but He won’t deliver us from the need to make hard decisions, because that’s where faith is forged.