Join us Sundays at 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM for a live online worship experience!
ACAC's broadcast of the Saturday evening, January 19 service is currently operational. We did experience a brief audio drop-out during this week's Ministry Minute, just prior to Pastor Rock's message. You can view the Ministry Minute, complete with audio, on the "Media" page of our website, mobile app or directly at this link.
Refusing A Respectable Idolatry
Pastor Rock Dillaman - January 12/13
Daniel 3:17-18 – Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up.”
1. The story we choose determines what we refuse.
2. Unbelief doesn’t persist because it lacks evidence. It persists because it refuses faith.
3. Unbelief protects its previous investments by refusing anything that threatens them.
4. The world often demands a high price from those who refuse to do things its way.
5. Those who follow God cannot give ultimate loyalty to any nation - including their own!
6. Believers can’t serve any nation state as if it is God or an extension of God!
7. The state as a human institution tends to drift toward idolatry.
8. Those who refuse God as their ultimate authority and security will always look to someone or something else for those things.
9. Patriotism is a healthy concern for one’s country and a desire to see it improve. Nationalism is an excessive, undiscriminating devotion to one’s country that takes priority over all other concerns.
10. People are often prepared to pay a high spiritual price for the benefits promised by human societies and governments!
11. When idolatry is common it begins to feel acceptable.