Join us Sundays at 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM for a live online worship experience!
ACAC's live stream is currently operational.
Four Boys with Four Choices
Pastor Rock Dillaman - September 15/16
Daniel 1:3-7 (excerpts) – Then the king ordered Ashpenaz, the chief of his officials, to bring in some of the sons of Israel, including some of the royal family and of the nobles... who had ability for serving in the king’s court; and he ordered him to teach them the literature and language of the Chaldeans… and appointed that they should be educated three years, at the end of which they were to enter the king’s personal service. … Then the commander of the officials assigned new names to them…
1. The choice to trust God can’t be taken from God’s people – no matter where we find ourselves, what’s been done to us, what’s being asked of us, or what we’re being tempted to accept.
2. God can help us understand things contrary to our faith. (Acts 7:22)
3. We’re called to communicate God’s truth to cultures and people who’ve adopted another “truth.” (Matthew 28:19,20)
4. We can learn what a culture believes without believing everything it assumes.
5. Effective witnesses listen to God’s Word to better obey it and listen to the world to better communicate God’s Word to it.
6. Service to government can be service to God. (Romans 13:1,2)
7. “God rules the world. And Christians, if they are to be the light of the world, must be more than altar candles shining in church buildings.” [Christopher Wright]
8. Our identity is established by God - not the labels placed on us by the world!
9. The future has a way of affirming the sometimes-surprising choices God leads us to make!
10. God’s people are never truly victims; we’re servants on assignment.