It's your one and only life. Invest it well.
Where do you feel led to make a difference?
ACAC empowers men and women to use their gifts and talents to make Kingdom impact. If you feel a calling on your life to join us, apply today.
Current ACAC Job Opportunities
Position Status: Exempt, Hourly, Part Time
Supervisor: Missions Pastor
Position Schedule: 16 hours/week
Position Summary: The Missions Coordinator, under the leadership of the Missions Pastor, executes the planning and administration of many of ACAC’s Missions Department efforts. ACAC’s Missions Department is passionate about spreading the Gospel across the world and supporting those who have committed to this work.
- Develop systems and processes needed to execute according to the needs of the Missions Department
- Understand and seek to honor the strategy and vision of the Missions Department as outlined by the Missions Pastor
- Consistently achieve deadlines as set by the Missions Pastor
- Stay within approved budget for the Missions Department
- Help plan for and coordinate Missions Month
- Assemble, train, and educate care teams, who advocate for and support international workers
- Provide support to the strategic and developing partnerships throughout the world
- Help with policy and processes associated with short-term missions and the Missions Department in general
- Work with Missions Pastor to initiate and implement creative means and methods for advertising missions
- Follow through and complete projects from ideas through execution
- Communicate and address mission related issues and opportunities
- Speak publicly on missions related topics as necessity and opportunities present
- Develop and design promotional material to enhance congregational awareness
- Maintain website and social media accounts
- Layout, design and publisher Missions Matter Magazine
- Process check requests
- Attend conferences as necessary
- Building Partnerships - Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Establishes Strategic Direction – Securing information and identifying key issues and relationships to achieving a long-range goal or vision.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Creative Design – Use creativity to be able to market Missions initiatives to the congregation via advertisements, website and social media.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a passion for World Global Missions
- Model spiritual leadership and lifestyle consistent with the Bible and the beliefs of ACAC
- Familiarity for World Gospel Missions and the challenges related to spreading the Gospel in unreached lands
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must have a high aptitude for learning and mastering new software
- Public speaking experience
- The position functions in a normal office environment that requires the ability to successfully interface with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, fax, telephones, etc.
- Talking (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word) and hearing (perceiving the nature of sounds) are required.
Are you looking for a job? Are you an employer with jobs available?
Job Connection is a service that extends beyond the ACAC family to the greater Pittsburgh community.