". . . He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.
God did this so that men would seek Him . . . in Him we live and move and have our being . . ."
Acts 17:26b-27a, 28a (NIV)
Definition: A diaspora is a large group of people with similar heritage or homeland who have moved out to places all over the world The term diaspora comes from an ancient Greek word meaning "to scatter about."
This year's National Project, God's Positioning System - Placed for a Purpose, is centered on those people around the world who for whatever reason have been scattered away from an established or ancestral homeland. For some it's being on the move from life threatening wars, persecution, or poverty. Often the flight is at great risk to them and their families. Thousands often do not make it to that safe place.
Those who do make it find themselves in a strange land. This is where our National Project steps up to provide funds for our Alliance International workers to offer services - such as language learning, job training, help with government paperwork, or finding a place to live - they establish relationships of trust, and people are open to the gospel. As friendships develop, Alliance workers verbally share God's love, people become Christ followers, and we bring them together in small communities.
Please consider partnering with Great Commission Women this year to be light for the diaspora people in the following five projects:
- Vietnamese in Cambodia and Taiwan: Taiwan and Cambodia are home to over 700,000 ethnic Vietnamese. Providing education, assisting in practical ways, and helping families to assimilate into their communities opens doors to share God's love.
- Muslim People in Europe (CAC): Arabic and North African immigrants in Europe benefit from Alliance ministries. Through language classes, youth camps, and various other outreaches, Alliance workers are able to share God's message of hope.
- Chinese in Peru and Panama: Key strategic evangelistic initiatives, as well as English camps for children, provide Chinese immigrants in Panama and Peru with the opportunity to know Jesus.
- Muslim Peoples of North and Central Asia (CAC): Central Asians in Russia experience Jesus' love through relationships with Alliance workers, who offer humanitarian aid, English classes, and friendship.
- Darfur Refugees in the Middle East (CAC): In a refugee camp, Alliance workers walk the hard road with Darfur refugees, demonstrating God's love in word and deed. The result has been baptisms, miraculous movements of the Holy Spirit, and many coming into the Kingdom.
Thank you in advance for partnering with us to provide every opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the "diaspora" peoples.
Great Commission Women website: www.greatcommissionwomen.org