As part of a worldwide Alliance International Workers movement, the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA), Allegheny Center Alliance Church is committed to helping each follower of Jesus find his or her role in fulfilling our Lord’s Great Commission to “go make disciples of all nations.” (Matt 28:10)
Your Role as Sender Is:
......... to be faithful in the following ways:
Pray - Everyone must pray. Like the Steelers offensive line opens a path for for the running back, as you pray, paths are opened for these workers to bring light into darkness. Your prayer has the ability to unleash God's power to work not only in your life, in your neighborhood, but around the world. As you pray for these workers, remember their:
- ministry and the people they serve
- physical, spiritual, and emotional health
- need for wisdom, discernment, and spiritual protection
- opportunities to share Christ
"The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." James 5:16
Give - The effectiveness of these workers depends on their having adequate resources to meet both personal and ministry needs. However, perhaps the greater blessing in giving occurs for you - the giver. How you invest your financial resources reveals not only where your heart is, but where you desire your heart to be. "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Luke 12:34 Giving to Missions link - God may be calling you to join these workers in cross-cultural ministry.
- Local - This may be in your own community through volunteering to tutor youth in an after school program or working with the homeless.
- Short -term - It may involve taking a short-term trip to enlarge your vision for what God is doing around the world, and offering your skills to assist in some aspect of this work.
- Short - term Missions link
- Career - Is it possible that God is calling you, your family, or one of your children to join these workers in reaching the world for Christ?
Serve - Perhaps you can provide direct and practical support for one of these workers as you:
- Communicate!! - Ask to be added to the workers mailing list.
- Encourage!!- Send cards & notes of encouragement. Ask them to your home when they return for a visit.
- Care!!- Workers often have needs that aren't financial such as website help, formatting newsletters, or lodging and transportation when they return for Stateside visits.